We are here to assist people on their journey to becoming the whole, unique person whom God created them to be. Although we are Christians, we respect the spiritual journey and religious preference of each client.
THE COUNSELING PROCESSThe counseling process involves a variety of interventions including history taking, ”talk” therapy, journaling, education, support groups, and, if you wish, prayer and scripture. Your counselor will strive to help you:
- understand the origins of your difficulties,
- examine, challenge and rebuild your belief systems,
- recognize the consequences of your choices,
- improve problem-solving and decision-making,
- learn new communication and interpersonal relationship skills and
- provide tools, skills & coping strategies to manage personal challenges & everyday problems.
- Answer your questions about his/her knowledge, skills, preparation, experience, and credentials.
- Explain his/her approach to treatment and answer your questions about your options
- Respect your right to make decisions about your own treatment.
- Provide you with the best of his/her knowledge and expertise
- Abide by the ethical code of his/her respective profession.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal information
- Attend your scheduled sessions faithfully.
- Openly share your thoughts, feelings, and concerns with your therapist.
- Do homework assigned by your therapist. Habits have to be broken and new skills learned.
- Recognize that the therapeutic process is sometimes hard work, slow, and uncomfortable.
- Be aware that your growth will produce changes in interpersonal relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR COUNSELORSAll counselors have a minimum of a master’s degree and are licensed clinical professional counselors. All counselors are licensed to practice in the state of Maryland and are Nationally Certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors. All counselors are engaged in continuing education to stay up to date with information in the field of counseling and regularly participate in supervision as needed.
FINANCIAL POLICIES AND RESPONSIBLITIESCharged Fees for Therapy Services
- Fee for Initial Intake Evaluation Session is $180.00
- Fee per 45 minute Therapy Session after the initial intake evaluation session is $120.00
- Fees for Group Therapy vary from $30- $40 per session depending on nature and length of the group.
- Fees for the preparation of written reports are determined by the amount of time and expense involved in each case. This should be discussed with the therapist before services is rendered. We do not provide psychological or educational testing..
- Missed Appointments: A fee will be charged for appointments missed or cancelled with less than 24-hours notice. This fee is equal to the full fee for your session or $65 if you are an insurance client. If you have a documented illness, death of immediate family member, or other documented emergency, this fee may be waived. Please note that your insurance company will not pay for missed appointments.
- Fee for a returned check is $36 in addition to the amount of the original check. After two returned checks, payment by cash will be required.
TERMINATION PROCEDURESTermination of counseling services is at the discretion of either the client or the counselor. It is recommended that the client and the therapist mutually evaluate and conclude the therapeutic process.
- If the client decides to go elsewhere, your counselor may provide names of other professional therapists.
- The client has a right to end therapy without moral, legal, or financial obligations other than those already accrued.
- If the client does not keep appointments, or does not fulfill financial responsibilities, or violates other specified counseling policies, the therapist may terminate services with a written notice of termination.
- The therapist will maintain the client’s records in a locked file for seven years for adult clients and for six years past the age of majority for minor clients.